Proverbs 3 : 5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Plain Random

Life philosophies comes to mind during the oddest moments.

Directed into a room by a woman behind a mask, i looked around to see instruments that had been used on many others like me. Sitting down, the woman tied a piece of string around my neck, attached to it some kind of absorbent. Pictures on the wall drawn by children, stick figures holding hands with a dog beside them. Pictures of peoples with false smiles, next to each other supposedly one big happy family. Then at another corner, pictures of the sick, pictures of the diseased. Why would one put these pictures up? It seemed to be more suitable not to be shown to others, more for an individual who understands the importance of the pictures. Then, my seat lowered itself.

Staring up into a light, i heard voices in the next room. Laughter erupted, the sounds of the old exchanging comments in a language that seemed so familiar. Behind me, another masked woman joined the other, looking at me behind their masks, they started to giggle and whisper in a language that was foreign to me. I just sat there and waited, and waited, and waited...

i opened my eyes to see another woman with dangerous looking instruments in hand. Seconds later, 4 of the instruments entered my mouth. Avoiding the woman's eyes, i changed the view from there to the celling. And the question just came so suddenly, what am i going to with my life when we don't know the one answer to the meaning of life. Sitting there with sounds the instruments made ringing in my ear, i racked my brain for an answer. But try as i might, none came. I guess one reason is that i had things in my mouth. Another reason i guess would be these answer just come as unexpectedly as the questions itself. And the more we think about the question, the further we are from getting an answer. Although, again that may be wrong and the answer may only be found after years and years of research and funding with most probably lead to no where and waste valuable time and what not. So i think i will just sit and wait for a sign that will show what i need to do and from there just work on it. And by the way, sitting down and wait isn't a bad thing, you can use that time to venture into other areas of life.

As i finished thinking of all that, the woman was done with what she was doing. As the chair rose, i stared at the light, and just cleared my mind on that thought. Odd how a simple trip to the dentist can bring questions on life, i wonder why....

No comments: